FLEXO® HT Halar® self-extinguishing sleeving is used where flammability, high temperature endurance and low outgassing are primary concerns. Halar® is braided from 11 mil ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE) copolymer monofilament.
Because of its low flame spread and smoke generation properties, this product meets UL 2024 and NFPA 262 plenum specifications, carries a UL flame resistance rating of VW-1 and exceeds automotive industry requirements of FMVSS 302, as well as aviation industry requirements of FAR 25.
Halar® resists a wide range of corrosive chemicals and organic solvents, including strong acids, chlorine and aqueous caustics. Halar® ECTFE also maintains useful properties on exposure to cobalt 60 radiation at doses up to 200 megarads.
Advantages of FLEXO® HT Halar:
- Low flame spread and smoke generation
- Meets UL-2024 and NFPA 262
- UL flame resistance rating of VW-1
- Exceeds automotive industry requirement of FMVSS 302
- Exceeds aviation industry requirement of FAR 25
- Resists corrosive chemicals and organic solvents
- Maintains useful properties on exposure to cobalt 60 radiation
REQUEST A QUOTE