Fluorosint® MT-01 PTFE is an extreme grade developed specifically for applications where the benefits of PTFE-based materials also require strength, stiffness and stability. This material is an ultra-high-performance grade for stability at elevated temperatures. Fluorosint MT-01 PTFE delivers high mechanical performance at elevated temperature and as a result is often specified in seat, seal and wear applications where extreme conditions are present.
Fluorosint enhanced PTFE’s unique properties are the result of a proprietary process in which synthetically manufactured mica is chemically linked to virgin PTFE. This bonding results in properties not normally attainable in reinforced PTFE. Fluorosint grades offer an excellent combination of low frictional properties and dimensional stability.
Advantages of Fluorosint® MT-01 PTFE:
- Delivers high mechanical performance at elevated temperature
- 9x greater resistance to deformation under load thank unfilled PTFE
- Eliminates fit and clearance problems
- 1/3 harder than virgin PTFE
- Better wear characteristics
- Maintains low frictional properties
- Non-abrasive to most mating materials
- High temperature seals
- Linear guides
- Wear bands
- Ovens and dryers