Low heat release plus integral frost-like, matte finish interacts with light, producing color that travels across the sheet.
KYDEX® 6513 is a proprietary, innovative, high performance thermoplastic sheet specifically formulated to meet the safety needs of the aviation industry while elevating aviation interior aesthetic. Color is filtered through frost-like finish to extend luxe design. Hues shift with movement of passenger or part, defining geometry and plane. KYDEX® 6513 is ideal to use with LED lighting, yet dynamic on its own.
KYDEX® 6513 meets all fire retardancy requirements set forth in Federal Aviation Regulations 25.853 paragraphs (a) and (d) (old (c)) including low heat release (65 / 65) in the OSU rate of heat release test. Its excellent properties make it the ideal material to form two and three-dimensional aircraft components.
- Seat parts
- Bulkhead laminates
- Window shades
- Life vest shrouds
- Moulding strips
- Passenger service units
- Tray tables
- Monitor shrouds
- Kick panels
- Accent pieces
- Available in P-3 texture and thicknesses from 0.71mm (0.028”) to 3.18mm (0.125”)
- Meets the stringent requirements of FAR 25.853 paragraph (d) in all thicknesses and colors
- Easy to fabricate with crisp detail, minimal rejects, and effect integrity
- Can be formed on all standard presses and cut on all standard die-cutting machines
- Easy to clean with aggressive cleaners such as Soft Scrub®, Fantastic®, and citrus-based cleaners such as Citri Kleen® (avoid ammoniated cleaners)
- Secondary operations include: machining, sawing, blanking, punching, etc., are easily performed