NYCAST® NYLOIL®MDX Gray, MDX Blue is a cast nylon material with built-in lubrication, and it provides superior machinability, performance, and durability compared to other plastic and traditional bearing materials. Three grades of NYLOIL are available to fit the most demanding applications: original green NYLOIL for most bearing applications; food-grade, Natural NYLOIL-FG for direct contact with food, and MoS2 filled NYLOIL-MDX with slightly higher compressive load capabilities than original NYLOIL.
The incorporation of an oil lubricant package into the nylon matrix provides significant advantages over other bearing materials: Lubrication results in 25% lower coefficient of friction than other grades of nylon.
Advantages of NYCAST® NYLOIL®MDX Gray, MDX Blue:
- Works successfully in marine applications.
- Reduced water absorption promotes higher dimensional stability.
- Works and machines as easily as brass.
- Oil will not spin out, dry out, or drain out, even under the harshest operating conditions.
- During NYLOIL’s manufacturing process, an oil lubricant package is completely dispersed within the cast nylon matrix, making it an integral part of the casting’s structure.