Techtron® PPS offer the broadest resistance to chemicals of any advanced engineering plastic. They have no known solvents below 392°F (200°C) and offer inertness to steam, strong bases, fuels and acids. Minimal moisture absorption and a very low coefficient of linear thermal expansion, combined with proprietary stress relieving processes, make these PPS products ideally suited for precise tolerance machined components. In addition, PPS products exhibit excellent electrical characteristics and are inherently flame retardant.
Techtron® PPS is easily machined to close tolerances. It is ideal for structural applications in corrosive environments or as a PEEK replacement at lower temperatures.
Advantages of Techtron® PPS:
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Essentially zero moisture absorption
- Machines to tight tolerances
- Excellent alternative to PEEK at lower temperatures
- Components used in high pressure liquid chromatography
- Chip nests
- Retaining rings