Norplex-Micarta® MC507U (NEMA G-7) – Silicone Glass Sheet consists of multiple plies of woven fiberglass impregnated with silicone resin and laminated under heat and pressure to produce a high temperature thermoset composite. This silicone resin woven glass composite material offers excellent mechanical characteristics and electrical insulation, as well as thermal insulation properties equivalent or superior to those of expensive engineering thermoplastics.
MC507U is mainly used as high temperature electrical insulation or thermal insulation in applications such as oven, welding, and plasma-cutting insulators. In these applications, this fiberglass composite can withstand short-term exposure to temperatures as high as 600°C, as well as continuous exposure to temperatures up to 220°C for periods as long as several years.
Advantages of Norplex-Micarta® MC507U (NEMA G-7):
- Excellent mechanical characteristics
- Excellent electrical insulation
- Thermal insulation properties equivalent or superior to expensive engineering thermoplastics
- Can withstand short-term exposure to temperatures as high as 600°C
- NEMA G-7
- MIL-I-24768/17 Type GSG
- ASTM Grade G-7
- IEC SI GC 201
- Plasma-cutting insulators