Fluorosint® 500 PTFE has nine times greater resistance to deformation under load than unfilled PTFE. Its coefficient of linear thermal expansion approaches the expansion rate of aluminum and is 1/5 that of virgin PTFE — often eliminating fit and clearance problems. It is 1/3 harder than virgin PTFE, has better wear characteristics and maintains low frictional properties. Fluorosint® 500 PTFE is also non-abrasive to most mating materials.
Fluorosint enhanced PTFE’s unique properties are the result of a proprietary process in which synthetically manufactured mica is chemically linked to virgin PTFE. This bonding results in properties not normally attainable in reinforced PTFE. Fluorosint grades offer an excellent combination of low frictional properties and dimensional stability.
Advantages of Fluorosint® 500 PTFE:
- 9x greater resistance to deformation under load thank unfilled PTFE
- Eliminates fit and clearance problems
- 1/3 harder than virgin PTFE
- Better wear characteristics
- Maintains low frictional properties
- Non-abrasive to most mating materials