TECAPEEK® SD black uses PEEK as a base resin. PEEK offers excellent properties in terms of wear resistance, low coefficient of friction and low coefficient of thermal expansion. As well PEEK provides excellent strength, stiffness, and excellent dimensional stability for electronics applications. Due to its electrostatic dissipation properties, this material is commonly used in applications within the electronics industry, test sockets being one example. Such materials are also referred to as ESD safe materials. PEEK ESD has excellent dimensional stability and can be machined easily to very tight tolerances. Static plastic, such as PEEK ESD, is increasingly used in the electronics industry due to increasing requirements for temperature and chemical resistance.
TECAPEEK® SD black offers the following benefits:
- Delivers controlled surface resistivity (106 – 109 Ω/square) for controlled Electro Static bleed off with antistatic properties
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Heat Deflection Temperature of 500º F at 264 psi!
- Excellent physical properties:
- Tensile Strength of 18,180 psi
- Flexural Modulus of 957,200 psi
- PEEK performance with antistatic properties and controlled dissipation
- Semiconductor technology