Within the steps of processing food it is critical to move the food from stage to stage and into packaging. Conveyor systems can come in contact with your product during every stage of production. Selecting the right materials is critical to avoid potential contamination while providing longevity in use and reducing Mean Time Between Repairs (MTBR). NAP offers the broadest portfolio of multi-compliant plastic materials to support the conveyance market from a wide range of physical properties to various levels of detectability. Contact our experts for selection assistance and availability!
Factors in Material Selection
- Hygiene, sanitation, easy access, ease of cleaning
- Level of friction – lower CoF, less lubrication required
- Mean Time Between Repairs
- Durability & Light Weight
- Vibration reduction
- Wear Plates
- Chain Guides
- Wear Strips
Common Materials (Food Grade)
- Tivar HPV – Food grade compliant UHMW-PE that offers extremely low friction properties compared to standard UHMW-PE materials.
TECAPET White – PET based food grade material offering excellent sliding & wear properties combined with superior chemical resistance to cleaning and solvent based environments.